Find Your Power!
Combining my years as a school psychologist with coaching, I help outside the box thinkers identify their processing strengths and weaknesses and come up with tools and strategies to help them more effectively navigate work, school and life with a better understanding of what works for them, and what does not.
I offer comprehensive psycho-educational evaluations based on the Washington State criteria for Specific Learning Disability for a flat rate of $750* including:
- Full Scale Cognitive Assessment using the WAIS IV or WISC V
- Comprehensive achievement test using the WIAT III or KTEA-3
- Interview and questionnaires.
- Overview of processing strengths and weaknesses.
- Educational recommendations.
- 1 call to go over the results and answer questions.
- 1 follow-up coaching call to put strategies into practice.
*Payment plans may be available on a case-by-case basis. Additional assessment in memory, executive functioning and other processing areas available at additional cost.
Who and What Can I Assess?
I can assess cognitive, achievement and processing abilities as relevant to the identification of Specific Learning Disabilities in the state of Washington. I can also identify processing strengths and weaknesses, including executive functioning skills, and make educational recommendations based on that profile of strengths and weaknesses.
I cannot make medical or mental health diagnoses such as ADHD or ASD, though I can identify cognitive processing patterns and executive functioning weaknesses. If you have a pre-12 grade child and believe your child would be eligible for special education services, I recommend pursuing psycho-educational assessment through your child's school district. In oder to avoid a conflict of interest, I currently am not evaluating students in the Camas School District.
Curious about your own processing strengths and weaknesses? Already have an evaluation but not sure how to interpret it? I also offer consultations on existing test data at a flat rate of $45, which includes:
- Cognitive Processing rating scales that can be completed by self, parents and/or teachers as desired.
- Identification of any pattern of processing strengths and weaknesses on existing testing (relevant if there is a large spread in test scores - if all test scores are average or close to each other, no likely patterns will emerge).
- Handouts with visuals to explain processing areas of concern if they come up.
- Recommendations for relevant accommodations and modifications for specific areas of weakness.
- Support you with developing questions for follow up with the student's school/evaluation team so you can better understand the results.
- Recommendations for possible testing areas that might give more relevant data. (I always recommend pursuing what you can through your school, but also understand that school districts vary in their testing practices).
I cannot give legal advice as districts and states vary widely in their practices. In oder to avoid a conflict of interest, I currently am not consulting on students in the Camas School District, but I highly recommend you connect with your local school psychologist if you have questions.
OSPI Certified School Psychologist
Educational Specialist Degree in School Psychology, Chapman University
Masters of Arts in Educational Psychology, Chapman University
15 years of identifying Specific Learning Disabilities, mostly in the state of Washington
Training and experience in identifying processing deficits and patterns of strengths and weakness.
Contact Me at (360) 606-8806 or firstname.lastname@example.org