If you’ve been following the Embracing Intensity Podcast or any of the blogs on http://www.auroraremember.com/ you might notice a trend emerging. Time and time again, we as the beautifully and wonderfully Intense women have a strong need for a supportive Community. It can be easy to feel like you’re doing this crazy life alone, especially if you are the parent of and Intense or Gifted kid. Where do you turn if you are isolated in your school system? How do you get help if your financial resources are limited? Enter Carolyn K, and the Hoagies’ Gifted Education Page.
Carolyn K. is intensely passionate about advocating for the profoundly Gifted and parents of profoundly Gifted. She is the founder of Hoagies’ Gifted Education Page, a wealth of online resources for the Gifted that are free and accessible to all! Listen this week as Carolyn shares her journey in discovering and rediscovering her own Giftedness, and finding her voice for those who wouldn’t have one otherwise. Be inspired and encouraged by Carolyn’s wisdom in this week’s episode of “Embracing Intensity.”
More in this episode:
- Carolyn’s path to Gifted advocacy found her through her own children.
- Learn about the Hoagies' Gifted Blog Hop.
- See how Intensity manifested itself in Carolyn’s intense passion for finding resources for the underserved in the Gifted community.
- Finding your people through theater.
- See how creating Hoagies’ Gifted Education Page harnessed Carolyn’s own intensity.
- The importance of advocating for Gifted students so that no one falls through the cracks.
- See how a good teacher and a good grouping can impact not only Gifted students but other achievers as well.
- Learn to look for what is best for the student.
- Direct intensity in a way that is helpful for us.
Carolyn’s Website: Hoagies' Gifted Education Page
Ignite Your Power Group Program: Ignite Your Power Group
Join the League of Excitable Women on Facebook: League of Excitable Women
Aurora’s Website: Aurora Remember
Power Zone Toolkit: Power Zone Toolkit