For the intense woman, life’s unexpected heartbreaks, tragedies, and traumas can feel like the end of the world. When life takes a detour, it is difficult to bounce back, especially when it feels like everything around you has come crumbling down. How do we deal with these roadblocks? Is it possible to ever fully recover from trauma?
If you are a trauma survivor, (or just a human in general) then this week’s guest has a message that will get right the heart of the matter. Amy Oestreicher is a survivor: a survivor of sexual assault, a survivor of a disease that left her without a stomach, and a survivor in life. Using the power of creativity and gratitude, Amy has come back from the brink of death with a love of life that is unlike anything you’ve ever seen. In this week’s episode of “Embracing Intensity,” Amy describes her road to recovery, and how she learned to embrace life’s detours and find what it means to be herself. Be inspired this week and take a dive into a story of human resilience!
Also in this week’s episode:
- Amy shares how her love of musical theater, fine art, and writing have shaped her recovery process.
- Hear the story of Amy’s biggest detour, losing her stomach.
- Learn how the story of recovery is universal.
- Healthy coping tools for trauma survivors
- Using creativity to put in the hard work of recovery
- Practicing gratitude and transforming your outlook on life.
- Hear how Amy’s family and intense childhood gave her the tools she needed to overcome adversity.
- The ways Amy “gets out of her head,” and embraces her own intensity.
My Beautiful Detour by Amy Oestreicher is available for Pre-order this spring!
Amy’s Website: Amy Oes
Connect with Amy on Twitter: @amyoes