Do you feel like you just don’t quite fit the mold? Can you identify with many different groups, depending on the situation? How can you embrace your intensity if you are intense in many ways? What happens when the world doesn’t have a group, a school, or a system that works for you? Jade Rivera, this week’s guest on “Embracing Intensity,” has a solution: just make your own!
Jade is an educator, writer, and speaker with a mission to rewrite our ideas of schooling gifted and twice exceptional children. She knows what it means to live and embrace multiple intensities, multiple identities, and multiple exceptionalities. Jade now uses these experiences to fuel her love for educating Gifted and Twice Exceptional students through micro-schools. Listen as she and Aurora discuss what it means to live fully within the identity of an Intense Woman, and how you can too!
Also in this week’s episode:
- Discover the world of Micro-schools
- Hear how Aurora learned from Jade early on in the “Embracing Intensity” journey
- Hear Jade’s own “Intense situation” and how her intense personality allowed her to thrive through it.
- Multiple “seeming contradictions” (intense, woman, white-passing woman of color) allowed Jade to become comfortable with ambiguity.
- Becoming more discerning in social interactions.
- The power of therapy and dealing with trauma
- Understanding what you need to be happy and healthy
- Prioritizing alone time—to feel what you are feeling
- Developing education strategies for each individual student.
- Understanding Twice Exceptional children.
Jade’s Website: Jade Ann Rivera
Jade’s book on Micro-schools: Micro-schools book
Join the League of Excitable Women on Facebook: League of Excitable Women
Aurora’s Website: Aurora Remember
Power Zone Toolkit: Power Zone Toolkit