It’s easy to agree that everyone is different, but does anyone know what it’s like to be your brand of different? Have you ever sat down to explain it to someone before, and then been at a loss for words? Language and self-expression have such a huge influence on one another, so it is no surprise that Intensity leaves its own unique signature on how we express ourselves too! If your intensity has ever made you feel different, alone, or misunderstood, then today’s episode will speak right to your heart.
Today, we are excited to have with us Anamaria Bambaren Call, the Founder of the Gifted Culture Project. Anamaria is a Linguist who knows what it is like to be Gifted, different, and unable to express it. Anamaria is a Third Culture Kid, whose grew up feeling different, but not really knowing why. Later, Anamaria was identified as Gifted, and that began a series of experiences that led her to her study of Linguistics. Anamaria believes that everyone has a story to tell, and those stories make us stronger, more colorful and more fully known. She uses her fire to help others tell their stories and embrace their difference. There is a source of creativity and power that comes from your own unique Intensity. Anamaria expresses that truth using her beautiful words, and you will walk away inspired today.
Also in this episode:
- Growing up as a Third Culture Kid gave Anamaria a unique perspective on what it means to be different.
- How Sociolinguistics helped Anamaria make sense of her own formative experiences and express them.
- Cultural factors influenced how Anamaria expressed her Giftedness.
- We share how Gifted identification was difficult because of Language Acquisition.
- Why self-care became an important influence in embracing intensity.
- Inter-cultural work is important and growing every day.
- Connecting with your kids through shared intensity.
- Anamaria shares how her habits are always changing to meet her personal needs.
Work by Eckhart Tolle and Brene Brown.
Find Anamaria Online!