Ignite Your Power!
Do you ever feel like you're too much?
Too emotional? Too analytical? Too intense? Too sensitive?
And at the same time, you sometimes feel like you are not enough.
The truth is half the time you feel like you’ve been shot out of a cannon, you’re so wired you just can’t seem to stop, the rest of the time you crash so hard you’re not good for much of anything.
You’ve tried a bunch of approaches, but nothing seems to make a difference right away so you give up quickly.
Your loved ones may say you’re overreacting, but for you life really is that intense.
So let me ask you.
Is this you…
- When you’re working it’s go, go, go but the second you have a break you collapse from exhaustion, feeling like a slug.
- Meaningful connection is important but when you do finally have some time you end up canceling on your friends (you’re just too exhausted to go out).
- You have this weird ability to focus on certain things but you can get so lost in your work that you completely lose track of your basic needs (even going to the bathroom!)
- Sometimes you push so hard that by the weekend your body shuts down, you find yourself dizzy, light-headed (brain fog), and – without getting into too much detail… your stomach isn’t happy.
- You feel stifled creatively, since you became a mom and/or got a “real” job, you’ve been feeling trapped because you never have time to do the creative work you crave.
- You’re a serial hobbyist — you collect passions and interests and cycle through them the same way that a chameleon changes color.
- And speaking of that “real” job, you got into it because you wanted to make a difference but you notice there’s a lot of stuff about the work that feels meaningless — endless paperwork, writing useless reports and all those budget meetings.
- You set ridiculously high standards for yourself (in fact other people are often intimidated by you) but you always seem to fall short — it just seems that everybody else is so much more “together” than you.
If you relate, you’re probably a Highly Excitable Person. You may have heard of the term Highly Sensitive Person but this is a little different.
So what do I mean by highly excitable? Highly excitable people have an increased ability to perceive and respond to their environment. In other words……
You pick up on things that other people don’t and respond more intensely than the average Joe — you might break down in tears, you might find yourself obsessively thinking and thinking about a situation, you might actually get a stomach ache, you might get so lost in worst case scenario thinking that you startle when your friend says your name… There’s a feeling of “wired but tired,” until you’re just completely exhausted. All the while you wonder why you’re the only one who seems to be responding in this way…
People often describe you as dynamic, intense, sensitive, fiery, restless, passionate or spirited.
Because you react so intensely to your world you have this unique ability to literally make yourself sick. Many Highly Excitable People suffer from things like adrenal fatigue, chronic pain, exhaustion and/or digestive problems. You might notice yourself getting sick a lot and/or it takes you FOREVER to recover from things, especially when you’re stressed out.
Anxiety is a factor too. You react so intensely to life — your work, dating, your kids– you get so preoccupied with worry, fear or anticipation that it keeps you up at night, keeps you from being able to focus on what you want to do and impacts the way you eat (at the exact time when you should be eating well you reach for that container of chocolate peanut butter cups).
The Good News Is…
You have super powers!
When you harness the power of your excitability, you can achieve epic things!
Highly Excitable People have the unique ability to (depending on your type of excitability)…
… form deep connections with other people and living things.
… read other people in a way that most people can’t.
… pick up on tiny nuances in their environment.
… deeply appreciate beauty and often create beautiful, even moving, pieces of art.
… use their dynamic energy to bring people together.
… be able to think things through to create brilliant connections .
… uncover unique angles and perspectives that solve problems and introduce new ways of thinking.
… synthesizing seemingly unrelated pieces of information in a way that creates new ideas and approaches.
… master many kinds of unrelated things at the same time.
… influence others through art or and their intellectual pursuits, understanding the big picture and each individual perspective.
The Truth Is Anyone Who Has Achieved Anything Great Is Probably Highly Excitable In One Of The Five Areas.
Here are some Highly Excitable People throughout history:
- Jane Goodall (Emotional)
- Ansel Adams (Sensual)
- Robin Williams (Psychomotor)
- Albert Einstein (Intellectual)
- Walt Disney (Imaginational)
You Can Use Your Own Power For Good!
- Getting home from a full day of work and having the energy to call up a friend and meet her for dinner.
- Having some extra time to take a hot bath (with salts!) without obsessing over all the things you should be doing. To your utter shock you actually enjoy yourself in the moment!
- Sitting down at the end of a busy day, with a cup of tea, and feeling like you got it done — you didn’t spin your wheels, you were actually able to be focused and present on what was important.
- Looking back over the year and smiling to yourself because of all you were able to do and accomplish.
- Sitting down with your family for dinner, looking around the room, and feeling happy, not anxious, not preoccupied, just happy.
- Knowing how to handle the everyday stress of life — family visits, temper tantrums, employee evaluations, traffic jams — without crumpling up in a ball (or screaming back).
- Have a routine in your life that works, so you write every day, make sure to take a walk, drink your water, etc. but know how to adapt when you need to.
- Having a clear sense of “having something special to offer” as opposed to always wondered why you’re the one who is always so sick, wired and tired.
- Being called a thought leader, brilliant or a genius by people you respect.
- Being asked to write, speak or teach about what is passionate to you.
Yes it really is possible!
My mission is to help Highly Excitable people use their fire without getting burned or burned out by connecting with their unique powers, balance their energy and feel a sense of accomplishment in their life.
"The benefits of working with you have been so great in such a short amount of time. STAR is becoming my mantra when I'm hitting high stress times. I'm so glad I started with you as I'm working on finishing up this big project. I'd originally thought, "I'll wait until afterward, now is not the 'perfect' time." Thankfully, I tossed that thought out because learning about self-care and improving my self-empathy through all the stress and chaos was the 'perfect' thing to do! We had a conversation about sleep - or lack thereof, because I wake up at 5 AM with my brain on overdrive. The plan we came up with is helping immensely! Waking up at 5 AM with my brain on fire is becoming more and more rare and that's made a huge difference!" ~ Alesia Zorn, Lettering Artist
Who AM I and How Do I Know This?
Hi, I’m Aurora Remember Holtzman
After years of feeling “too much” (too intense, too sensitive, too emotional, too scattered and too exhausted), I finally realized that intensity, in the form of excitability, is the source of my greatest power. Now instead of beating myself up about not measuring up to my own self-imposed standards, I’m on a mission to help people embrace their intensity and use their fire without getting burned!
That’s why I created...
Ignite Your Power!
... a 3 month course and community to help you use Excitability to connect with your unique super powers, balance your energy and feel a sense of accomplishment in your life.
The 4 Step “STAR System” (Stop, Think, Act, Request)
STEP ONE: STOP And Get Crystal Clear.
Observe how Excitability shows up in your life where you may not have been conscious of it or where you may have been labelling it a fault. Then learn how this unique combination of traits can reveal your hidden talents and abilities.
Examine how you spend your time each day and how this impacts your energy so that you can learn strategies to maximize your time, uncover your priorities, and feel better by conserving your energy where you need to so you can use it for what’s important and not max out too soon.
STEP TWO: THINK to clarify your priorities to better meet your own needs.
Get clear on your own sense of purpose so that your actions can stay in line with your priorities and you don’t waste your time on things that feel urgent, but aren’t really important in the scheme of things.
Explore effective ways to work towards your priorities while making sure that you’re taking care of your own needs in a way that allows you to take care of the important people in your life.
STEP THREE: ACT By Finding Strategies And Routines That Work For You.
Leverage the power of routine, rituals and automatization to work towards your priorities in simple yet powerful ways that feel good and, at the end of the day, leave you with a sense of pride and accomplishment.
Develop strategies and systems that allow you to bounce back when life throws you a curveball so that you can continuously maintain to balance your energy and harness your superpowers in a way that feels good without worrying about giving up.
STEP FOUR: REQUEST Support To Help You Stay On Track.
Learn effective compassionate communication (NVC) strategies to help you get the support that you need, and say no when it’s not in line with your deepest values and needs so that you can focus on what’s important.
Maintain a support network of community who can support you as you move forward together.
"I knew I would learn quite a bit going into the "Ignite Your Power" program, but I had no idea that I would be able to choose just how to use the program! It was so thoughtfully designed, giving me access to weekly video presentations, and audio and powerpoint material and a workbook, along with group calls and an online group. I have never felt that supported. I made a few friends, worked my way through the material at my own pace, and took from it a whole new understanding in the way I function. I'd take it again in a heartbeat!" ~ Carissa Jane Reid, Writer
- A Find Your Superpower Guide To Uncover Your Superpower So You Can Connect With Your Hidden Talents And Abilities.
- One 1:1 coaching session to get clear on what is draining your energy and where you should focus your goals.
- Weekly Audio Classes And Exploration Assignments To Learn Strategies You Can Use Again And Again To Help Make The Best Choices To Move Forward.
- Downloadable MP3s So You Can Listen On The Go.
- An “Ignite Your Power” Workbook For Each Lesson That You Can Reference In The Future To Remind You Of Your Powers, Priorities And Plan.
- Access To A Group Of Like-Minded Individuals So You Can Get Support And Feedback On Your Process And Connect With Other Women Who Are Going Through Similar Things.
- Monthly group calls to more deeply explore recurring themes in our community.
- Weekly self-exploration questions to dive deeper into the lessons.
- A Self Study Version Of My Two Week "Stop Spinning Your Wheels" Program To Help Get You Unstuck.
- Free Membership To Future "Ignite Your Power" Group Programs
"I've been listening to the recordings on my breaks at work. Your class is really helping me understand how not to be broken. I'm embracing the fact that I feel & experience the world differently than many others. I use the tools I've learned in your class to work and play better with others... When I wan to say something or do something because I'm feeling 'hurt,' I wait. I sit on it. I allow the emotion part to have a chance to marinate for a bit. Then I always end up just thinking, 'boy I'm glad I didn't react!" ...I'm not even going to respond now, because it's not important to me anymore... Many thanks for helping me understand that I'm not a crack pot. I just FEEL more than others." Kimberly Huneycutt, Replenish Wellness
But that's not all!
I hand picked 3 powerful coaches who work in areas directly relevant to dynamic women, and they were generous enough to share their offerings!
"I never thought I would work with a life coach but it was one of the best things I did last year. The toolkit alone was worth the price of the Ignite Your Power Program! I signed up because I thought it was a good time with extra flexible time ahead of me. Then life happened and got pretty crazy, but your tools helped me get through. It's kind of like having a baby you know, there's never a 'right time' to do it. I'm glad I did it when I did." ~ Rifat Salam, Professor of Sociology
What is the Investment?
This three month course and community experience is $200 or $75 per month. Monthly or BiWeekly 1:1 coaching can be added to enhance your experience for $650-1000 total.
How is this program different?
There are many programs out there that focus on goal setting, self-care, finding your purpose and time management. My program is different because it gets at the core of the problem that makes all of those things difficult.
You’re Highly Sensitive, so you need more self-care than others…
… BUT you are also highly motivated to make a difference in the world and can push yourself past your own limits.
My program helps you find balance between the two without giving up on one part or the other.
Important: If you do nothing…
… You’ll continue the cycle of sprinting then crashing.
… You’ll keep spending time on the urgent things that aren’t so important in the grand scheme of things.
… You’ll keep wondering what’s wrong with you instead of seeing what’s really right!
Use your fire without getting burned!
Connect with your unique powers, balance your energy and feel a sense of accomplishment in your life.
Ready to take the next step?
Contact Me to Apply for a complimentary "Connect With Your Power!" strategy session to get clear about how excitability is showing up in your life, what’s getting in the way of connecting with your own power and next steps to move toward balancing your energy and feeling a sense of accomplishment in life.
Aurora "gets" me without even saying anything. That is so comforting right there. She explains how intensity is related to any problem I bring her. I find it incredibly validating and very much a relief. She feels very down to earth and real with me. Not to mention how resourceful she is!! I highly recommend Aurora for coaching around intensity and sensitivity. I just had a session with her yesterday that is still bringing me smiles because she blew my negative thinking out of the water with a little share about her own life. I'm very grateful. She helped me put myself out there, which kicked off my entire coaching program." ~ Wendy Holthaus, Women's Resiliency Coaching